Recognises a business that has achieved success by identifying and then implementing an innovative sustainability process that improves the quality of our lives, protects our ecosystem and preserves natural resources for future generations. Sustainability innovation is about practices, and systems that lesson the impact on the environment and can be implemented into a range of areas in a business from manufacturing to waste reduction, offsetting carbon to logistics and/or creating sustainable energy.
- Describe the innovation and explain how it is unique/original?
- How did you identify and then implement your innovation?
- How are you maximising and sustaining the benefits of the sustainability innovation for further growth?
- How are you measuring the success and value of the management innovation?
- What have been the barriers to adopting the sustainability innovation and how did you overcome them? – eg staff, customers, internal process
- Describe any risks or challenges your business faced when introducing this innovation. How did you manage them? What did you learn?
- Does your innovation positively impact New Zealand and/or the civil industry? If so how?
- Outline and explain other significant business achievements from the last 12-18 months (eg sales trends, sales figures, gross or net profit). What do you attribute these to?