Recognises a business that has achieved success by identifying and then developing or utilising an innovative product that has greatly impacted the business. Product Innovation is aimed at a business that is offering or utilising a product that is unique, advances civil environment and has innovation at its core.
- Describe the innovation and explain how it is unique/original?
- How did you identify and then implement your innovation?
- How are you maximising and sustaining the benefits of the product innovation for further growth?
- How are you measuring the success and value of the product innovation?
- What have been the barriers to adopting the product innovation and how did you overcome them? – eg staff, customers, internal process
- Describe any risks or challenges your business faced when introducing this innovation. How did you manage them? What did you learn?
- Does your innovation positively impact New Zealand and/or the civil industry? If so how?
- Outline and explain other significant business achievements from the last 12-18 months (eg sales trends, sales figures, gross or net profit). What do you attribute these to?